|The Wood Streets District encompasses a group of adjacent residential subdivisions that make up almost a square mile in area. Bounded roughly by Ramona Drive, Rosewood Place, Palm Avenue, and Olivewood Avenue, the district contains mainly streets named for various woods or with wood-suffixed names and includes Larchwood, Beechwood, Elmwood, Linwood, Oakwood, Rosewood, Bandini, Ramona, Highland, Chapman/Castle Reagh (virtually one continuous street), as well as sections of Magnolia and Brockton (formerly Walnut Street) Avenues. These streets represent Riverside's most coherent examples of 1920s and 1930s residential neighborhoods in terms of style, scale, and tone, and they retain common setbacks, turfed front yards with sidewalks, curbs, street trees, streetlights, and street entry markers. A number of architectural styles can be found within the district, including Craftsman and California Bungalow, as well as distinctive examples of period revival architecture, including Tudor Revival, Spanish Colonial Revival, Pueblo Revival, and Mission Revival. The Wood Streets District primarily contains one- and two-story single family residences; non-contributors in the district include early Victorian era grove houses and Wartime Tract residences that fall outside of the period of significance (1910-1940), but are similar in mass, scale, and setback and do not detract from the overall integrity of the district. Of the 1,224 properties included in the Wood Streets District, 1,081 are contributors and 143 (about 12%) are non-contributors.