Property Results

Property Results
1 of 1 <-Previous Next->
Address 3261 STRONG ST Year Built 1913
APN 206142017
Name Ridgecourt Builder Cresmer Manufacturing Co.
Architect Wilson, G. Stanley Style Mission Revival
Original Use Single Family residence Contemporary Use
Designations:
City Landmark - #91 - 8/21/1991
City Structure of Merit - #187 - 9/20/1989
Landmark Plaque Text
Designed by G. Stanley Wilson, this Mission Revival style home was originally built for Clinton and Grace Hickok. Mr. Hickok was the owner of the renowned Hickok Piano Co. of Toledo, Ohio, and had a piano silhouette set in the house's courtyard paving . In 1917, William Boyd and his wealthy wife purchased the home. The marriage failed and Boyd drifted to Hollywood where he became a silent film star best known for his role as "Hopalong Cassidy".
Survey Results  1992 1992         
Description Significance Theme Period
Area Attributes CHR Status NR Criteria
Permits Citation References Addresses
Survey Description
This one-story residence is a fine example of the Mission Revival style. It combines hipped-, gabled-, and flat-roofed units covered with red tiles. The wide eaves overhanging the structure cast shadows on the facade. Two interior stuccoed chimneys add dimension to the roof. Rough textured stucco covers the exterior wall surface. A series of open arches under a flat tiled roof cover the raised double entrance porch. The porch windows are tripartite with a narrow header composed of one single pane. The structure has remained virtually unaltered, with exception of an added carport in 1984 and alterations to that carport in 1989. The imposing, rectangular shaped structure is set on a slight knoll with a lush array of rare trees and shrubs, paths, and a field stone driveway completing the setting. There is a garage and attached gardener's cottage. The original owner Clinton Hickok, a piano dealer from Toledo, Ohio, had the patio designed in the shape of a grand piano. A servant's cottage is also associated with the property. The complex was named Ridgecourt because of its location and unusually designed courtyard. The property boundary of this building is coincident with the legal limits of its parcel, Riverside County No. 206-142-017.
1979 Photo # 1